Mokgadi (left) and I on a yacht. Occupying the Atlantic.
My hair’s growing! And I’m loooving my twist out curls. I’m just going to give you a quick break down on what I’m currently using to achieve this look, seeing as so many people are asking.
1. I wash my hair about once a week, using Avon Herbal Care shampoo. I use a Kerastase mask as a conditioner and comb through my wet, conditioned hair in the shower.
2. Rinse out the conditioner and add a normal no frills leave-in conditioner, a little coconut oil and a little raw shea butter. When I’m feeling fancy, I’ll add aloe vera gel to the mix.
3. I let my hair half dry, then section it into four sections to start the twisting process (here’s a link to a Youtube vid for those of you who aren’t familiar with twisting).
4. To twist my hair, I half fill a spray bottle with water, 30 drops of sweet almond oil and a little castor oil. I spray my hair and twist as I go along.
5. I go about my business or sleep or whatever. Usually, by the time I wake up, my hair’s dry. Then, hey presto, curls!
6. In terms of my night time routine, I’m trying to be disciplined and re-twist (using the water and almond oil concoction) every night, but it doesn’t always work that way.
Hope this is helpful for those of you who want to know what’s up! Oh, most of the oils etc I use I get at Clicks, FYI. Quite cheap!