Leopard print for men
Patent slip ons (for him again)
Oxfords tied with ribbons
Black Yeti fur
Interesting collar detail
Bits and bobs:
Yellow skinny belts
Polka dot tights
Printed silk pants
I found this post on Lists of Note and, because I’m a
writer magazine editor who is often asked about writing and wants to improve my own writing, I thought I’d share.
In September 1982, advertising legend David Ogilvy sent an internal memo to the employees of his advertising agency, Ogilvy & Mather. The memo was entitled “How to Write”.
The better you write, the higher you go in Ogilvy & Mather. People who think well, write well.
Woolly minded people write woolly memos, woolly letters and woolly speeches.
Good writing is not a natural gift. You have to learn to write well. Here are 10 hints:
1. Read the Roman-Raphaelson book on writing*. Read it three times.
2. Write the way you talk. Naturally.
3. Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs.
4. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass.
5. Never write more than two pages on any subject.
6. Check your quotations.
7. Never send a letter or a memo on the day you write it. Read it aloud the next morning—and then edit it.
8. If it is something important, get a colleague to improve it.
9. Before you send your letter or your memo, make sure it is crystal clear what you want the recipient to do.
10. If you want ACTION, don’t write. Go and tell the guy what you want.
*Writing That Works, by Kenneth Roman and Joel Raphaelson
Beyonce’s made her first public appearances a month after baby Blue Ivy’s birth - and she looks phenomenal.
The 30-year-old superstar’s been hitting the streets to support husband Jay-Z’s Carnegie Hall shows.
On her first night out, she wowed in a red, ruched Alice Temperley dress and last night she brought it in a sequinned LBD by Monique Lhullier.
Eva Mendes is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, so why did the art directors and editors at Marie Claire photoshop her to within an inch of her existence? Sigh.
Miss Eva, who is currently linked to Internet Dream Boyfriend, Ryan Gosling, sports a haute bejewelled Dolce & Gabbana bodysuit on the March 2012 cover of Marie Claire US.
Well, it looks like the wait is almost over. The presumable fan-favorite from Jay-Z and Kanye West’s collaborative Watch The Throne album, “N****s In Pars,” will finally be awarded the video treatment, as it is rumored that the visuals will be revealed by the week’s end. A source at Vevo recently let loose the news, and now individuals close to the action are speculating a drop on Thursday. While that has yet to be confirmed, stay tuned here for additional info.